BCILAB is a MATLAB toolbox for Brain-Computer Interface (BCI) research. It facilitates the design and development of new methods for cognitive state estimation and their use in both offline data analysis and real-time applications. The toolbox includes a collection of currently over 100 methods from the literature (covering signal processing, machine learning and BCI-specific methods) and heavily emphasizes easy extensibility (via plugins).
BCILAB is primarily aimed at methods developers looking for a framework which lets them rapidly prototype new methods and compare their performance against other state-of-the-art methods. It is also useful for experimental researchers (e.g., from Psychology, CogSci, HCI, Biomedical Engineering) looking for advanced methods to analyze their data through easy-to-use GUI or scripting interfaces.
While the focus of BCILAB is on EEG analysis, it can also be used with various other types of bio-signals or in principle also general-purpose time series analysis. The toolbox bundles several other open-source packages as dependencies.
- Changes to previous version:
Initial Announcement on mloss.org.
- BibTeX Entry: Download
- Corresponding Paper BibTeX Entry: Download
- URL: Project Homepage
- Supported Operating Systems: Linux, Macosx, Windows
- Data Formats: Biosignal Formats
- Tags: Bioinformatics, Sequence Analysis, Matlab, Bci, Brain Computer Interface, Electroencephalogram, Classification, Preprocessing, Manifold Learning, Algorithms, Supervised Learning, Toolbox, Probabilistic Models, Data Streams, Feature Extraction, Performance Measures, Filtering
- Archive: download here
No one has posted any comments yet. Perhaps you'd like to be the first?
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post comments.